Our 6-A-Side Tournament on Monday 31st May isn't far away now and if you need information on how to register, how it works and how to pay, then hopefully the below image and text solves that!
- To play adults need only pair up with a junior and we’ll put you in to a team of 6 for the day of the tournament. The teams will be balanced by age group to make them fair, and we’ll let you know which team you’re in on the day.
- No special kit is required as we’ll be playing with a tennis ball but if you want to bring along your own wooden bat then feel free. If not, the Club will provide bats. But please do wear comfortable sports clothes (Dynamos or Purton CC kit is allowed) and trainers.
- The tearoom will be serving teas, coffees, and snacks from 10am, and from 11am wines, beer, and cider. From noon the BBQ will offer both meat and vegetarian options (cooked on separate grills) with condiments on the side.
- There will be an independent umpire and scorer for each match overseeing the following rules: In each match everyone will bowl one over and wicket keepers will rotate. Other fielders will be at least 10m from the batter. Any wide balls will give 2 runs to the batting side. Batting pairs will face 12 balls unless the adult batter reaches a score of 24 in which case the junior will face the remaining balls. For every wicket lost, either bowled, caught, stumped, LBW or run out, 5 runs will be deducted from the batting score.
- Depending on numbers we expect that each team will play three others leading to semi-finals and then a final with the losing semi-finalists playing off for third place.
- A First Aider will be on site at all times, and we will adhere to all the relevant Covid-19 protocols including regularly cleaning the toilet and the use of hand sanitiser at the start and end of each game.
- You must register via email by Thursday 27-May-21 to Chair.PurtonCC@gmail.com with payment of £10/pair (1 Adult + 1 Junior) being received into the Purton CC bank account by the same date at the latest. Lloyds Bank Account # : 00029638, Sort Code : 30-98-41. Please use reference: 6AS and your last name.